- Tax-efficient trusts
- Restructuring trusts
- Property succession
- Negotiating with HMRC
- Cross-border tax and succession planning
- Structuring your assets
Whatever your goal, we will recommend the most prudent course of action for inheritance planning. With our experience of wills and trusts, and our understanding of inheritance tax laws and property succession, we make sure your wishes are fulfilled and all necessary arrangements made.
Trusts are an excellent way to pass down assets to future generations. They are flexible, allowing trustees to alter provisions and beneficiaries, and they prevent life assurance proceeds from becoming part of your estate where they could be exposed to inheritance tax.
The type of trust we recommend depends entirely on your circumstances, and whether you would like your family to enjoy their inheritance (or part of it) during your lifetime or as part of your will.
Flexible life interest trusts, nil rate band discretionary trusts and full discretionary trusts all have different advantages. For example, lifetime trusts allow you to pass on property to your children in a way that reduces inheritance tax liability while keeping you in control.
To ensure we understand your wishes, we sit down with you, discuss your affairs at length, and explain your options clearly. Forming a relationship is important. Clients trust us with their family wealth because we know them well and understand their situation.
Whether you live in the UK or abroad, our team has a wealth of inheritance planning expertise. We utilise every ounce of our experience while also using new approaches to safeguard your family’s future.
- Following successful negotiations with HMRC to obtain agricultural property relief for inheritance tax (IHT), dealing with substantial restructuring of family trusts to ensure relief is available in the future.
- Advising and supervising the rearrangement of an offshore settlement with a value of approximately £1.5 million.
- Advising the owner of a highly successful fund management business on how to make a tax saving but at the same time retaining control by putting shares into a trust and taking advantage of business property relief for inheritance tax on the transfer.
- Advising wealthy clients on how to help their children with the purchase of their first flat using a trust while retaining control and not taking away the incentive for the children to make their own way in life.
Don't just take our word for it...
"Cripps Pemberton Greenish has a "very good reputation" for its private client practice, which often handles complex, high-value matters with international aspects."
"I'm very, very impressed with the firm," reports an interviewee, while another praises "the clear professional advice that they offer and the swift responses that they always give."
"Sources also describe them as 'innovative, forward-looking and flexible.'"
"They're one of the biggest firms, a client could expect a large depth of experience from them, they've got a very big team and they deal with some quite complex issues."
"They've obviously got a strong private client practice - they've got the depth and breadth of expertise, they're a large, well-established firm and they seem to be attracting good people. I think for the more sophisticated clients, they are a one-stop shop."