- Development agreements
- Power purchase agreements
- Funding documents (including direct agreements)
- Purchasing companies with renewable assets
- Planning advice
- Construction and warranty documentation
Wind and solar power will soon be joined by wave, tidal and other new technologies as businesses search for sustainable low carbon energy sources.
If you are a developer looking for advice in connection with a renewable energy scheme, a landowner approached by a developer, or a business considering new technologies, our dedicated team of renewable energy lawyers can help.
We have extensive experience handling the development, implementation and on-going maintenance of large solar farms, commercial solar projects and wind turbine schemes. Our clients include major offshore wind farms and national companies investing in solar power to reduce energy costs.
We can take care of the whole process, from negotiating and drafting development agreements to construction warranties. Once the project is built we can deal with all requirements for the project operating company.
Our renewable energy lawyers are resourceful, responsive and always consider the idiosyncrasies of each individual project.
We are also skilled negotiators. When parties have conflicting interests, our renewable energy lawyers analyse the issues from every angle and ensure your project proceeds smoothly and on schedule.
- Acting on behalf of a renewables group in connection with various wind and large solar renewables projects for over 50 MW of electricity generation. Funding was from various sources both UK and German.
- In 2013 we were appointed as lawyers to the operating company of the world’s largest offshore wind farm and since then we have worked with them on a number of matters, including advising on and drafting commercial agreements relating to their business.
- Acting for a large supermarket chain in connection with a significant roof top lease to a solar developer to enable the supermarket’s estate to obtain reduced price electricity.
- Acting on behalf of a family run farming business in connection with option and lease to a developer for a large scale solar development scheme to generate over 20 MW of electricity.
- Worked with a renewables and power company in relation to the structuring of their business and have advised and negotiated funding agreements on their behalf in relation to their ongoing investment in a variety of renewable energy projects.