- Construction and engineering contracts
- Partnering agreements
- Project vehicles
- Letters of intent
- Pre-construction services agreements
- Collateral warranties
- Novation agreements
- Performance bonds
- Parent company and other guarantees
- Acceleration agreements
- Crane licences
- Assignments and novations
- Purchase and supplier agreements
- Risk assessment
- Public Procurement regulations
- Construction disputes
Our construction lawyers have extensive experience of drafting intricate, but user-friendly contracts tailored to specific development projects and designed to minimise uncertainty and delay. We also have a comprehensive understanding of all the main industry forms of contracts.
We have facilitated numerous projects in London and the South East, from improving the nation’s infrastructure and redeveloping iconic buildings to building hotels, colleges and affordable housing.
When problems do occur, we provide clear, practical and commercial advice. We will discuss the issues with you frankly and work out whether settlement, adjudication, arbitration, court proceedings or methods such as mediation are the best way forward.
Experienced construction dispute lawyers will work with you and your team to ensure disputes are settled swiftly, cost-effectively and to your satisfaction.
Our clients include large development companies and contractors, government departments, banks and local councils.
- A complex PFI transaction for a university involving the negotiation of a development agreement and associated construction documentation using private finance to build around 800 bedrooms for students at the university at a build cost of over £50 million.
- Negotiating development agreements and building contracts on one of Europe’s largest infrastructure projects, acting for the developer.
- Advising a government department in respect of a development agreement for refurbishment works to various floors totalling over 200,000 sq ft, including the instruction of tenant fitting-out works worth around £11 million.
- Acting for the private developer of one of the largest mixed-use developments in Europe (comprising 2.2m sq ft of commercial office space, 2,750 residential dwellings and 100,000 sq ft of retail) in relation to the negotiation of the building contracts and professional appointments for their office, residential and infrastructure construction projects and providing disputes advice.
- Acting for a council on a major new regeneration project which will continue for several years.
- Acting as the construction lawyers on a £50 million major refurbishment of an iconic London office and retail building.
- Acting for the claimants in proceedings for damages under a collateral warranty estimated to be in the region of £500,000 arising out of defects in the construction of a commercial property.
- Acting for a local authority in defending an adjudication commenced by a contractor for unpaid fees totalling a significant six figure sum on both jurisdictional and substantive grounds.
- Advising the employer under a construction contract in connection with a series of delay events and the consequent claims for liquidated damages.
- Advising the developer of a residential development on the termination of the main construction contract, consequential contractual claims for damages and the recovery of possession of the site following termination.
Don't just take our word for it...
They provide 'good advice'
"Prompt, efficient and commercially minded."
They are "extremely proactive"
One client praises the firm's "good advice" and also notes that the lawyers are "extremely proactive."