As a legal director in the commercial dispute resolution team, my practice encompasses both general commercial and commodity trade dispute resolution.
I have over 10 years of experience specialising in complex, high value domestic and cross-border disputes in High Court and Court of Appeal proceedings, as well as international arbitration under a variety of institutional rules. My expertise encompasses international asset tracing and pursuing enforcement efforts through to successful end recovery. Despite my extensive litigation experience I am responsive, pragmatic and commercial in my approach at resolving disputes, with an emphasis on avoiding unnecessary and expensive litigation where this is unnecessary for achieving resolution.
With a background in international trade, shipping and commodity focused work, I am known in particular for my work within the energy and commodity sector as well as for disputes involving state entities, commercial brands, portfolio owners and high net worth individuals, where the consideration of reputational risk often underpins the strategic direction of a claim.
- International and local dispute resolution
- Cross jurisdiction/international enforcement, asset tracing and seizure, including complex high value fraud litigation and enforcement
- Commodity sale contracts
- Commercial agreements, licences and GTCs
- Contracts for the carriage of goods (charterparties, bills of lading, and COAs)
- Corporate restructuring, share sale and purchase, and shareholder’s disputes
- Joint venture agreements and transactional documents
- Trade finance – including facility agreements, guarantees and security agreements